Chapter 6: Maintaining Your Overall Health
Enjoying Your Life
Having diabetes means making some changes. But you can still do things you
enjoy. Don’t forget to have fun! Make time every week for at least one activity
you like to do. Here are some suggestions:
• Watch a ball game with a friend.
• Spend time playing with kids or grandkids.
• Go to a movie.
• Read a new or favorite book.
• Have a friend over for coffee.
• Window shop with friends or family in a local mall.
• Take your dog for a long walk in a new part of town.
• Go on a day or weekend trip.
• Ask someone else to take a turn making dinner.